We decided to construct a list of tallest NBA players that actually had some impact on the game:
1. Gheorghe Mureșan – 7’7” 315 lb. One of the most gifted giants on the offensive end. He played seven seasons in the association for the Bullets and Nets. His best year was ’95-’96 when he averaged slightly below 15 pts and 10 rbs. He has a very active life of the court connected with NGO’s and in the movie industry.
2. Manute Bol – 7’7” 200 lb. Maybe it was not that much about the player Manute was, but the personality and standards that he preached during his life. He was best palls with Charles Barkley and Rick Mahorn.
3. Shawn Bradley – 7’6” 275 lb. One of the most hyped big man in history of basketball, but he never met expectations. Most disappointing was his attitude towards the game.
4. Chuck Nevitt – 7’5” 217 lb. The tallest player that won an NBA Chamionship with the Detroit Pistons bad boys.
6. Mark Eaton- 7’4” 290 lb. Still holds record for highest block average in a season.
7. Rik Smits- 7’4” 250 lb. One of the key elements in those Indiana-New York classic matchups.
8. Ralph Samson- 7’4” 235 lb. The highest hall of fame inductee. While healthy he constructed a killing tandem under the rims with Olajuwon named “The Twin Towers”.
10. Arvydas Sabonis- 7’3” 292 lb. Probably the most talented player in this group with highly developed ball handling and shooting technique.
- Little Giant Man – -Yao Ming (xyss1102.wordpress.com)
- Extraordinary Human Rights Activist ,Manute Bol dies at 47; Towering NBA Player Provided Millions of Dollars to Jihad Ravaged Sudan (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- What’s Keeping Dwight Howard from Being the Next Great Rockets Big Man? (bleacherreport.com)
- Why The NBA Is Now A Small Man’s Game (nbanationaustralia.com)